1. Global Collaboration
Sophies Minde Ortopedi AS has since 2004 initiated three various staff exchange programs through FK Norway. FK Norway is a governmental body under the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and their mandate is to promote institutional cooperation and exchange of people between Norway and countries in the south.
Project name: Capacity building in Prosthetic and Orthotic Educational Centres and Services in Low income countries.
The current project (2010 - ) involves North-South and South-South exchanges between the following partners:
• Tanzanian Training Centre for Orthopaedic Technologist(TATCOT) Moshi, Tanzania.
• The Orthopaedic Centre at Kamuzu Central Hospital(KCH) Lilongwe, Malawi.
• Cambodian School of Prosthetics and Orthotics(CSPO) Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
• Sophies Minde Ortopedi AS(SMO) Oslo, Norway.
• Norwegian Centre for Integrated Care and Telemedicine (NST) in Tromsoe, Norway is an affiliated partner in the project.
The collaboration is based on the following agreements: Collaboration Agreement between FK Norway and Sophies Minde Ortopedi AS and Partnership agreement between Sophies Minde Ortopedi AS, Kamuzu Central Hospital, Tanzanian Training Centre for Orthopaedic Technologist and Cambodian School of Prosthetics and Orthotics.
Our first project 2004 - 2008 involved four North-South exchanges between The Orthopaedic Centre at Queen Elisabeth Central Hospital (QECH) in Blantyre, Malawi and Sophies Minde Ortopedi AS.
The Second project 2008 - 2009 involved one South-South exchange between The Orthopaedic Centre at Kamuzu Central Hospital (KCH) in Lilongwe, Malawi and Tanzanian Training Centre for Orthopaedic Technologist (TATCOT) in Moshi, Tanzania.